Thursday, May 23, 2024

Punjab

Two Youths electrocuted while installing Nishan Sahib, three Injured

ASHOK KAURA | April 13, 2024 07:07 PM

PHAGWARA: A Pall of Gloom descended during hue and cry of the villagers when in a shocking tragedy two persons were electrocuted and three other sustained burn injuries while installing” Nishan Sahib” at a religious place of Shaheedan in Village Shankar near Nakodar on Baisakhi day today.

The mishap occurred when the iron pole(Nishan Sahib) suddenly touched with live electric wires(High Tension Wires).Deputy Superintendent of the Police Nakodar Kulwinder Singh Virk who rushed to the spot said that the deceased were identified as Buta Singh(62) and Mahinder Paul(43) both residents of Village Bajuha.

The injured identified as Karandeep, Gurshinder (Both residents of Jalandhar) and Davinder Singh @ Dara of Jalandhar were brought in Nakodar civil hospital from where they were referred to Jalandhar.

DSP Virk told that the deceased belonged to Sandhu Caste were organising annual day on Baisakhi at religious place constructed in the fields. They were going to replace old small Nishan Sahib with a new Large Nishan Sahib after constructing a cemented platform. As soon as they went to install it the Nishan Sahib touched with live wires.

Hundreds of the villagers of Shankar and surroundings attended the funeral of both deceased with tearful eyes on Saturday Evening.

DSP Virk told that the condition of other three injured is out of danger now.

Have something to say? Post your comment