Health

Stonewalling of the opening classes in the Government Medical College at Mohali

Bir Devinder Singh | January 03, 2019 11:08 AM

CHANDIGARH: Public interest was never a priority in the scheme of things of Capt.Amarinder Singh as Punjab Chief Minister. Which is why Health sector priorities and up gradation of medical facilities for the common man in Government Hospitals in Punjab, has taken the back seat?

How could we expect from him that he would address on priority the genuine health care concerns of the under privileged people of the State when on the basis of his clandestine understanding with the big corporate houses, operating in the realm of the Health care has to  flourish in his
regime.  It is pertinent to mention here That Capt. Amarinder Singh has served on the Board of Directors of the Ranbaxy for a pretty long
time. His long time fond association embedded with his vested commercial interests is the veiled reason, why his Government is not
allowing starting the classes of the first batch of hundred students, in Government Medical College Mohali.

The reason for the roadblock is quite obvious, because once the Government Medical College, Mohali becomes fully operational, it is bound to hit the business interests of the big Corporate Houses, running Five Star Hospitals in Mohali, such as Fortis Hospital and Max Healthcare.  The
misfortune of the public, lies in the circumstantial adversities; that   Capt. Amarinder Singh being a Royal descendant and his finance
minister Mr. Manpreet Singh Badal another  ‘feudal  Lord’ of Badal clan, cannot compassionately commiserate  with the sufferings of the
commoners, And hence chosen not to release the committed grant to Government Medical College, SAS Nagar (Mohali) , despite  MOU signed with Government of India , which unambiguously entails that 40% share of the total expenditure to be incurred on Government  Medical College, Mohali shall  be borne by the State Government and  the rest 60% will be borne by the central government.

Ironically the State Government has no dearth of  resources when it has  to finance the extravagant construction of a superficial Barrage
in the Shivalik Foothills  to protect the private holidaying sojourn of the Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh,  ill caring environmental hazards  and the vast devastation , the  ill-conceived blockading by conveniently obstructing the natural flow of water,  which  is going to cause the massive soil erosion besides great harm to  the neighborhood villages ,  but when it comes to release the committed grant for the Government Medical College, Mohali than the coffers of the feudal finance Minister of the State, becomes
empty, I wonder why ?

It is learnt reliably that the proposal of the Medical Education department of the Punjab Government to start classes in The Government Medical College, Mohali has been stonewalled by the finance department under the covert instructions from the Chief Minister’s office,  citing weak financial health of the State.

If grants to the Medical College Mohali is not released forthwith as proposed by the Medical education department, The Chief Minister and his Government would face serious public backlash in the next parliamentary (lok Sabha)  elections, in at least five districts, contiguous to SAS Nagar (Mohali).

Have something to say? Post your comment

More Health News

Opinion Poll

Feedback